Is a turtle without a shell naked, or homeless?

Manly thrusting makes me giggle. But only when Westlife does it.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

So I decided to pick up my lazy ass...

"Lazy Cat"

... and come back to my blog.

(Note: Hmm, for some reason after I wrote this entry last night, a few random sentences got lost along the way. Well I've managed to write them back in, and hopefully it doesn't happen again...)

It's been several months since I've posted here, although being a pretty uneventful person, not much has happened, meaning this entry is more likely to consist of mindless babble.

I turned 19 about 2 weeks ago - everyone was dressed in pyjamas, and we toasted marshmallows over random candles [like the somewhat odd people we are xD]. Bummed around the house mostly, chatting, eating, played some "Murder in the Dark", and I remember hitting Alvin a few times with my long pillow [xD]. And we missed out on Singstar due to lack of an actual PS2 console despite having the games there, but was still very much fun without it anyway [:)]. Oh yeah, and Peter, Chii Shi, Feng, and Wang/boyfriend stay quite late into the next day (we watched the first ep. of Gladiators, haha).
Very much loved all my presents: Miracle, So Magic by Lancome; "Never Gone" Backstreet Boys album; toy keyring + necklace from Sandra [:3]; Westlife "The Unbreakable Tour" DVD (although I already had it, but hey it's still cool lol); "Matilda" by Roald Dahl; and from boyfriend I received a pair of socks, car freshener, a sweet potato [which was awesome when mashed with normal potatoes and carrots <3], style="font-weight: bold;">[Q] Do you prefer people just giving you presents that they decide on, or telling people what presents they should buy for you?

I'm more for the second option - I mean, unless you are 100% certain that I will like whatever you've bought for me, like "Matilda" (well done, Lawrence!) or flowers [big hint to someone... ;P], I would much rather tell people to buy me things that I really want than surprise me with something random and be somewhat disappointed. It's like when you're a kid and you're not too sure what to do about this random photo frame you've just unwrapped.

Moving on!

So it's another new school/uni year, and thanks to me failing one of my subjects in semester 1 last year, I'm still doing a part time load because I'm now repeating. But hey, I'm not really complaining since I have so little hours (ie. so much free time to be an ass and bum around):

Monday: Free, except in week 6 and 7 when I have morning lab classes
Tuesday: MedRad Tech/ONPS2343 lecture, 11:30am - 12:30pm
Wednesday: Chinese-2 at City campus, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Thursday: Free
Friday: MedRad Tech/ONPS2343 lecture, 11:30am - 1:30pm; fortnightly labs that rotate between 1:30pm - 3:30pm, and 3:30pm - 5:30pm.

So let's say on a regular basis I'll have roughly 6 hours a week, and I'll at most have 10 hours provided in the one week I have both a Monday and a Friday lab (which I think happens in week 7). It's not too bad repeating since I'm not actually alone in this [quite a few of my uni friends failed this subject too xD]. And together we all felt somewhat sad and pathetic that we were surrounded by new first years, while the repeaters all managed to fit into a row and a half in the lecture theatre [^^;;]. But the point is we felt sad and pathetic together, not sad and pathetic alone, lol.
And, oh yes, I am doing Chinese. You know, even though I did 3&4 in VCE, my god I've forgotten a lot! It's a wonder how I got through VCE Chinese [D:]. I mean I am going through the subject with reasonable ease, but I'm still coming across words that I don't know/had forgotten how to write, but at least I'm properly learning how to write tone marks for pinyin ['coz I never really knew how xP], as well as proper grammar (which are the two main things I wanted to learn in Chinese-2). I hope I do really well in this subject, I'll feel somewhat ridiculous if I only manage to get a pass [._."].

Another thing: it has come to my attention that I seem to have a lack of new clothes. As much as I hate shopping I really should go out and buy myself some crap to wear. To quote (roughly) Lisa Simpson : "It feels like I've been wearing the same dress over and over again for the past 8 years". I seriously don't think I have the patience, stamina, and willingness to spend money (due to me being quite a cheapo) to really go shopping. Hmm... maybe I should use that wad of birthday cash I have...

Anyhoo, that's about all from me for now. I just forgot I still have a class tomorrow, so I'll be printing off my lecture notes now and heading to bed. Niteoo [^-^]!!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think i've been actual clothes shopping with you lyn...EVER! haha.

catch up soon :)

 
At 6:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're entries are too long.. i'm typing this before reading it ... here i go :)

 
At 6:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nat and I are willingly to join in with shopping for some new clothes XD!

 
At 2:19 pm, Blogger Momotsuki said...

Rawr! Need longer entries :P

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Feng said...

Maaaarshmallows<3

I had lots of fun binging on all the candy at your party... :)

You're the first person who doesn't enjoy shopping whom I know o.o

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger Ritzy said...

ah an update heheeh ^^

lol. photo frames seem to always be in the bday prezzie pile hhahaha..
wait.. i didnt get you one did it =.="

AH! your timetable looks better than mine.. by.. a.. lot

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger msquyenho said...

please post more often :D not more just more often >__>

i'm not gonna give up on the catchup coffee with you! just...after damned exams ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home