Is a turtle without a shell naked, or homeless?

Manly thrusting makes me giggle. But only when Westlife does it.

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Melbourne Freeze // The Great "Where's Wally?" Search [Pt. 1]

There was an event organised on Facebook a couple of weeks ago called the Melbourne Freeze. Basically, it was a large group of people who stood frozen outside Bourke St Mall for about 5 minutes, then just dispersed after the 5 minutes.

Here's a group doing the Freeze in Paris (apparently the largest crowd in the world with 3000 people).



There's a Melbourne video floating about somewhere. I really wanted to participate in this, but I was studying for exams when this was going on [xP].

Anyway, so last night, I came across the videos of this group in New York called Improv Everywhere, who basically go around and do large-scale public pranks.

The Moebius: a group of people from Improv Everywhere set up a customer time loop at a Starbucks


Look Up More: a large group of people stand in front of every window of a big department store and do silly things.

---------------------------------------------

Now, after watching all these, and especially seeing how the Melbourne Freeze was just thought of randomly by someone, I've honestly been thinking about organising something like this. Maybe I'm just being too ambitious, but I already have an idea that isn't too hard too do and doesn't need a lot of setting up to do. I might try and bring it up with the girl that organised the Melbourne Freeze, or just start the event on my own on Facebook.

I guess I'll post some rough details on here soon too; let me know if you're interested, otherwise I might just scrap the idea! [:3]

3 Comments:

At 5:18 pm, Blogger Ritzy said...

wahhh1! i wanted to go to the Freeze too XD

gah gaia yer. i kinda dont play anymore .. i think it was like procrastination BAD during exams XD.. lol.

i dont want to log on anymore. how odd XD

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger Pierre said...

I did that like last year... I think. It was pretty cool but should've done something more significant. All we did was blocked the tram from continuing it's path.. :D

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger Natalie said...

haha cool, I just wanted to see the end of the clip (Paris one) and was like wait a second am I just going to watch this for 5mins!!

got a link to the melbourne one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home